Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hijab Take 3

I do not know why but when I am feeling down or unsure about my studies wearing hijab picks me up. I wore it last night when I went out to dinner then wandered around in the foggy evening. I wore a cherry red scarf that has a slight shimmer, I love it! Added my long denim skirt, white long sleeved t-shirt and a sleeveless cardigan. Good to go.

I used this style from Amenakin's youtube channel

Super cute, super easy. I had to use a cloth headband as an underscarf to keep it from slipping back. The style is back heavy. I suppose pinning the scarf to my hair would have helped. You are suppose to be able to do this style without an underscarf but I just couldn't get it to stay. About half way through the night the underscarf began to hurt my ears because it was pushing them back from being too tight, I forgot to stretch it. Oooops. I love the way the scarf twists in the front. It is stunning if your scarf has a slight shimmer. Definitely a good style for the school.

Not much happened this time. Just noticed a couple things:

Women do not like to make eye contact with you in hijab. I think they are afraid you will think they are staring.

I wanna wear it again. I get this urning. I wish I knew how to explain it. Like a craving. Or like when you miss someone and want to see them. This little tugging at my heart that says "wear it again!". I dunno what it means, but it doesn't stop till I wear it.

8 comments:

  1. Mashallah Sister :) Congratulations!

    I believe you've just found the beauty of hijab and that's why you have this craving to wear it again and again :) Amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps that is it! Its strange. I think I will enjoy looking back a year from now at my hijab posts. I wonder where I will be then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about wearing hijab. i won't wear it for awhile and then I get a craving like I need to wear it.

    I watched the video and really liked her style. I know what you mean about the headband underscarf bothering your ears. Just push it down to your eyebrows in the front, but leave your ears out if its too tight. You can also layer 2 headbands if too much of your forehead is still showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really pretty how you described it! Red shimmery...wow!

    I like making eye contact with women wearing hijab. I remember a few months ago at Sam's Club, I saw one and we looked at each other and exchanged really sweet, friendly smiles. Obviously, I still remember this to this day and look for that woman whenever I go to Sam's (which isn't often.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sam's club :). I always see a girl who wears abaya at my train stop. I always want to say hi to her but I am nervous to do so. Since Im not in hijab I feel she will think I am weird if I say "salaam" but I have smiled at her she always smiles back.

    I also love her abaya, it has a hood its cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, I like that style.

    re: seeing hijabi - I've seen *one*, in the past four years, about four weeks ago at the mall. And I had to resist the urge to go up to her and just go, 'HI!' and then squeak 'hijabiiii' at her in embarrasing fashion. So I contented myself with smiling like a goof at her. :)

    Cause, I don't know her, what'm I gonna do, go up and say, 'hey! you're a hijabi! that's so cool!' and then the squeaking'll start...and she'll run away because I'm such a freak.... :)

    ReplyDelete