Thursday, January 7, 2010

Godspell and Children of Eden

My two favorite musicals. I thought I would share my favs since I am in a music mood :)

GODSPELL

All For The Best






CHILDREN OF EDEN

Spark of Creation - one of my favorite songs ever

Stranger to the Rain - "I'm a daughter of the race of Cain. But I am not a stranger to the rain"

Ain't It Good



And just because....Jesus Christ Super Star!

King Herod's Song



And......GO GO JOSEPH!

Joseph's Coat




2 comments:

  1. Sorry, yet another song suggestion. This is technically a Christian song, but since it only mentions GOD and not Jesus I think it can also be considered an Islamic, Jewish, Baha'i, or any monotheist religion song. It's a Zulu song called "Siyahamba", and the lyrics are basically, "We are marching in the Light of GOD". Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_am5crjgCCE

    This song was featured in "A Walk to Remember", a chick flick/tearjerker (which I still cry during). It's called "Only Hope" by Switchfoot. Switchfoot isn't a Christian band, but many of their songs are influenced by their Christian beliefs. Likewise, "Only Hope" is not explicitly Christian, it doesn't even mention GOD at all. But the lyrics can be interpreted to refer to GOD and the power He has over our lives (the "you" that is sung is GOD) Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiyxo9PUSbY&feature=related

    I forgot to mention this very famous one: Qasidah Burdah. There's a whole story behind it. It's basically in praise of Prophet Muhammad (saw). There is some concern that the song is too excessive in its praise, but it is very beautiful and I definitely feel love towards the Prophet (saw) and gratitude to ALLAH (swt) for sending us him and the other prophets as examples of how to live. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoAOOFyQc8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne I'll check those out!

    ReplyDelete