
I thought I would share these with you all since the weather is getting warmer in the West. These lovely tights are called churidar. They are very popular in India and Pakistan, often worn with extra long kameez or mid calf dresses. They are adorable and 10 times more comfortable than leggings. Why are they more comfortable?

As you can see, they are not fitted in the hip area allowing comfortable space and air flow. They don't even begin to get tight till the knee. I LOVE these. They are super cute with just about anything. The scrunching effect also hides a little of the leg shape making them more modest than regular tights. I just love how they look.
This ebay seller has a large selection for good price: Bollywood Styles. I ordered from her last year and had no problems. Make sure you look to find the $6.75 ones. They are free size so if you are tiny you might have to do a little sewing.

Happy Shopping
It also means they'll come down to about mid-calf on me :D I like my new shalwar patiala - the fullest-cut possible shalwar with something like 24"/60 cm of ease through the hips :D The scrunchy effect at the bottom of the churidar, on the other hand, is a necessity because anything less full than a patiala is going to ride up and expose your ankles when you sit down, unless that extra ease is put in there... I've now figured out how I am going to make the kameez to go with my patiala :D Will make pics available online when it's done insha'Allah.
ReplyDeleteThose're cute, but I suspect the 'free size' translates into: 'will not fit over my behind'. :)
ReplyDeleteBut she does have some nice looking stuff. There's one salwar set I'd think about if I thought I could get away with it. Pretty...
Hah. Also, the conversion from Indian money into American...I missed that the price was in IND at first, and almost choked on my water when I looked at something and the price said $899. :)
Heheheheh. You can get away with a shalwar kameez. I do it here in Poland. With hijab on my head, no less.
ReplyDeleteAmber: hahaha yes its in Indian money. I think she has different sized ones too that a are a little more.
ReplyDeleteI got a dress from her as well last time. Very cute. I figure, if you have run around in abaya no problem you can probably wear a shalwar kameez...they are really comfy.
Caraboska: Yes pictures!!!!
They look really cute! I love the cream coloured ones at the top.
ReplyDelete