101 Questions and Answers on Islam by John Renard. It has been highly recommended for explaining Islam to Catholics. I intend to turn this over to my mother after I have read it along with "Daughters of Another Path".
No god but God by Reza Aslan. Looking forward to this very philosophical book. I will most likely read this first.
The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I read this a long time ago but never owned a copy. It is amazing and I highly recommend it. The movie is also fantastic. Don't let the fact that it is a graphic novel fool you. Same goes for Blankets. READ BLANKETS. One of the best books I have ever read is Blankets. I intend to find a way to teach one of these books if, Insha'Allah, I get to be a teacher.
So once I'm done reading I plan to do a little review let you all know how they are and if they are worth checking out.
Salaam
I had the first one, but there weren't really any new questions that hadn't been addressed for me already. : )
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to watch the film of "Persepolis". I'll see if I can find Blankets.
Oh, and I do love "Daughters of Another Path". That was good. I have a list of books I've read (or will soon read) in a fairly recent post, let me know if you've read any of them.
ReplyDeleteI checked out your list and I think Daughters was the only one I've read. I have a lot of Shia specific books so I'm trying to branch out lol. I'm mostly reading 101 Questions to see if it would be good for my mom who is currently doing all her "research" via the internet *shudder*. She needs better material.
ReplyDeleteI put a couple that are on your list on mine :)