I also told her I will be meeting his parents soon. Her exact words were "Well, don't be disappointed when they don't like you. Pakistan people don't like people from other countries and Muslims don't like people of other religions. They are very unaccepting. Christianity is so much more accepting of others."
She doesn't realize his family left BECAUSE Pakistan has problems. BECAUSE it abuses Islam. She also doesn't realize that most of what she is quoting is culture. She even went on to say that the charity from the first Ramadan went to fund a bloody jihad lead by the prophet across the middle east to force people into Islam. I don't remember hearing that the prophet lead something of that nature, but yes something like that happened was my response. all religions have had their version of the Crusades, Islam is no different.
Of course, I had to speak to My Love after this. And he told me to watch this speech:
Hassanain Rajabali is the name of this wonderful speaker. He has origins in philosophy and science, totally speaks my language. He reminded me why the Islamic view of God makes so much more sense to me. How original sin cannot work with a merciful God. And how Adam and Eve were not punished with knowledge but gifted knowledge when they were ready to have it.
So my heart feels better now that I am reminded of why I believe what I believe. I still think Imam Moosa al-Kazim (PBUH) said it best in regards to the mercy of God:
"The acts of man are limited to three possibilities. First, that God alone does them while man is quite helpless, second, that both God and man equally share the commitment; and third, that man does them alone. Now if the first assumption is true, that obviously proves the unjustness of God, punishes His creatures for sins which they have not committed. If the second assumption be accepted, even then God becomes unjust if He punishes man for crimes in which he is equally a partner. because of the impossibility of either of these conditions, the third alternative to the problem is that men are absolutely responsible or their own deeds."
Salaam
just pass her an english copy of the quran to read. thats what my plan is going to be...
ReplyDeletetell her thats what you believe in fact... I have a website that has an ok english online script. that way she can read what we believe and take the religion at the proper part rather than the culture
That could work. Im also going to pass her Daughters of Another Path which was written by a Christian woman whos daughter chose Islam. Its actually a series of questions answered by muslim converts. Its fascinating, I highly recommend it.
ReplyDeleteBut in the end, my mother will always feel what she has is best. Someday she may accept it, but will always worry I made the wrong choice (in the event that only Christians get to go to heaven).
Teehee I haven't read the Quran yet! I'm still trying to find the right translation for me :)
Thanks!
you should read 2 or 3 different translations by different scholars. Believing people will go to heaven. If you have doubts on whether you made the right choice... then you really really need to reconsider your stance... if your not sure... there is no point converting...
ReplyDeletewhat made my mind up on islam is the truths from the Qur'an... the scientific things in the qur'an that have recently been proved true...
this is a link for you:
http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm
please note mainly on the birth of a human being... this was the securing of Islam for me
I dont worry that I will make the wrong choice, my MOTHER will worry in the event that at death we find out only Christians go to heaven (yeah this concept doesn't make sense to me either but she thinks only one religion can be the "Correct" one),
ReplyDeleteI agree, multiple translations are a good idea. Science and the philosophy behind Islam is what secured my interest as well. The quote from Imam Moosa al-Kazeem (PBUH) is what made me go "this is exactly how I think. This could be my answer". And so far Islam has proven to answer my questions.
Thank you for the website. Im sure it will be very helpful :).