I really thought I could just change this blog up a bit and keep going. But its like trying to continue a book after its obviously ended. You can't. That is why there are sequels instead of books that are 5 thousand pages long. Because sometimes the story has to end and get picked up again somewhere else. Same characters, different situation, different time, different place.
That is kinda what my life is like now. When I started inkblotsblueabayas I started it to showcase RTV and you can see how well that worked out. So well, RTV ended up needing its own blog because it got pushed so far out by my exploration of Islam. And my battle with my love for well, My Love.
But now, My Love is not my love anymore. That dream of us being a happily married Muslim couple is no more. I'm leaving the Big City, and starting a new life in the midwest. I'm still studying Islam, but I get to sit back more. I don't need to read constantly, think constantly, force myself to do things. I don't feel that push to choose anymore. I feel I can take my time, take forever if I need, I no longer have to choose. I no longer have a deadline. Thank God.
I want to explore other religions again. I want to get a well rounded picture of God. I want to see Him in the eyes of many others. I want to branch out and understand the world. I want to go among the Jews, the Buddhists, the Christians, and see what they do. Just like I went among the Muslims.
I won't close Inkblotsblueabayas. I feel that it needs to stay open. I feel that it is a good tool for women who are in my past position. There are many of us who fall for a Muslim man and go through all the trials I have been through. For some it works, others it does not. But I wish there had been a resource for me to look at, so I could see what some people went through. So I could have known that his parents might be against me, he couldn't do this or that, and that the likelihood of me fulfilling his expectations were slim to none. I wish I would have had a story to read. Well, here is that story.
Before it closes I will write a post that explains what happened. What ended this era. Then, a new blog will open. And a new era will begin.
Namaste.
I will definitely miss this blog, but I am very much looking forward to reading your new blog. You seem much happier and more content in these past few months. Insha'Allah your move will be a fresh start for you; as long as you keep ALLAH first, I am sure that you will be just fine. I'll be making du'a for you always, and let us know when you start your new blog! Keep in touch, Insha'Allah! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne :) You all will know about the new blog. I'll keep posting here in the meantime
ReplyDeleteOnce again I would like to ditto Anne. :-P
ReplyDeleteShe always beats me to the punch and mashaAllah says what I mean about 10x better.
But really, much du'a and respect are heading your way from my area.
peace!
Thanks NeverEver. Its weird because it really is like a sequel to a book. The story doesnt end, its not like Im going to stop posting about religion or Islam on the new blog. The story has just been given new circumstances :)
ReplyDeleteBest wishes. I'll look forward to seeing you on another blog and in another city. I've enjoyed following your journey. Thank you for sharing your life with others.
ReplyDeleteMay God bless you and give you peace!
:-D exactly, and I'm excited to see what you come up with!
ReplyDeleteNow I'm confused. I thought you were moving TO the Big City, not away from it! Whatever you do, make sure to keep us posted and let us know where to find you. You are the first link I press on my blog list every day... God bless you!
ReplyDeleteCaraboska: You are so sweet. Naw leaving the Big City to...well a smaller but still big city LOL
ReplyDeleteIt seems like a lot of people are making transitions now. That's exciting! Hope the move goes well, and looking forward to your new blog.
ReplyDeleteSanil, So it wasn't 'just me' thinking that. It's true. Probably once a month at least someone is going through 'something big'...
ReplyDeleteI noticed that too. A lot of people have gone through something and then changed their blogs recently. So strange but I guess that is life :)
ReplyDeleteFinallly, cleaning the blogs with the false interpretations of Islam, getting rid of the" salad bar"so called muslims,the ones who want to pick and choose what they like of a religion instead of following Allah's teachings.
ReplyDelete...well considering Im not a Muslim this would not be one of those blogs :)
ReplyDelete