Thursday, August 6, 2009

Welcome

As Salaam Alaikum

Hello all! Welcome to my blog!

This really is a place to gather my thoughts but I am hoping that my thoughts may be a use to others as well. Here's the story in a nutshell:

When I was only a small girl I had major surgery performed. I wondered " Why did God plan for me to have such a painful experience so young? What did I do to be punished in such a way?"
And thus began my contemplation of Fate and the presence of God. I began with studying Christianity but much of it didn't make sense to me. I couldn't understand the division of an absolute being or an absolute being having a son. I also found it confusing to follow a book that was allowed to change over time. Tampering with the Bible was actually ALLOWED. So I thought how can a book that has changed numerous times be the direct word of God? I won't go into my theory of fate but lets just say if fate exists and we do something bad then we are being punished for something God planned for us to do. If God punishes us for something He planned for us to do then God is being unjust. So fate makes God unjust....WTF mate?!

Anywho....

College allowed me to study many other religions and philosophy. I took rather well to Buddhism. My only issue was that Buddhism isn't directly connected to the Abrahamic God and I very much wanted God to be a part of my life. I have always been a religious person, even if Christianity didn't always agree with me. God was necessary for my life and I wanted to find a way to be closer to God.

It was moving far from home to a big city that changed my perspective. I met a dear friend at my first job in my new place who happened to be Muslim. As we discussed our religions I found that my personal viewpoints aligned almost parallel to the concepts of Islam. And my studying began.


Ja ne (that's Japanese for goodbye),

~LK

4 comments:

  1. So great to have discovered your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine. Your drawings are really great!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I love your blog too. It was so nice to find someone who wants to ask the hard questions and get them answered. I hope someday I can start asking the hard questions too...when I have readers LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how it starts! Post comments often on the blogs of people who have lots of readers and you can even refer to your blog if it's at all related. :p I did that at the beginning. Then someone informed me that my profile was set to private! hahaha! No wonder I had no readers (except for one who found me through a google search)! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Yeah I figured that is how it works. I just don't want to spam other people's blogs. But when I find something that relates I'll mention it.

    Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete