Sunday, October 4, 2009

Review: 101 Questions and Answers on Islam

Book:

 101 Questions and Answers on Islam

By: 

John Renard

Intended Audience: 

Beginners, students 11th grade through early college, parents of converts/those thinking of converting

Content:

The book in itself is basic.  It lays out typical inquires about Islam in an easy to understand, unbiased format.  The content is accurate and to the the point leaving little room for the author to express his personal opinion.  The text often brings up a lot of historical facts that many would overlook while studying Islam along with cultural and social issues of Islam today.  It also has a chapter devoted to the relationship between Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.  Most of the content is geared toward helping Christians understand the similarities in Islam.  Very little, if any, Jewish content is mentioned.

Opinion:

This book would have been awesome a year and half ago when I first started studying Islam. I breezed through it in a matter of hours.  "101 Questions" is perfect for a Christian trying to understand Islam.  It is also simple which makes it great for parents.  My mother will be getting this book.  I highly recommend using this book as a way to help parents understand the true nature of Islam.  I think it could really open the eyes of a convert/potential convert's family and friends.

Check it out from the library or buy it?:

Buy it and give it to your family if you are a convert.



No comments:

Post a Comment