Friday, October 23, 2009

Book On Muhammad (PBUH)?

Anyone know of a good book on the prophet Muhammad(PBUH)?  Something about his life, who he was as a person.  I have realized that although I have been studying the religion for quite some time I have neglected my studies on its messenger.  I have spent more time studying Jesus (PBUH) in Islam than Muhammad (PBUH).  Which makes sense since Christianity is what I come from and I am trying to make sense of a rather large change but knowing the prophet of a religion is important in the quest to gain a well rounded understanding.

Any thoughts?  If there is a collection of hadiths by the prophet in print I would love that as well!

7 comments:

  1. Muhammad Qutb's Qabasat Minar Rasul is a great book if you know Arabic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( My Arabic consists of about 5 fraises and I can't read it at all. But thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever read one, Muhammad by Karen Armstrong. I've seen Muslims recommend it, and I found it an easy, educational read.

    http://www.amazon.com/Muhammad-Prophet-Time-Karen-Armstrong/dp/0061155772/ref=pd_sim_b_2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like her, I will check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
    by Martin Lings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted this at Wrestling with Religion but I'll do it here again :) 2 amazing ones are Muhammad by Karen Armstrong and The Messenger by Tariq Ramadan.

    I've heard Martin Lings' is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I will check them out!

    ReplyDelete