Monday, February 22, 2010

7 Things About Me

Hijab Chic challenged me to a 7 things about me.

The challenge is to tell 7 things about yourself and then challenge 7 people and link to them and the one who challenged you.

7 things about me:
1) I am a geek through and through. I know more about Star Wars then a lot of men I know and can hold my own at any comic book convention. If I could get a job working in a comic book shop that actually paid me what I need to live I would never leave. And I LOVE BBC.
2) I have an obsession with scarves that dates back to junior high. I own an absurd amount of them. Really, my walls are covered with them hanging from thumb tacks.
3) My first love is art, particularly drawing. Life would loose so much meaning without it.
4) I am incredibly fond of all things Japanese. Particularly Anime, manga, and their delicious candy. Mochi!!!!
5) I love Rock Band. LOVE IT. I can't get enough of the game which is why I don't own it. But soon, soon I shall.
6) I read young adult novels. Lots of fantasy young adult novels. Its those or Philosophy/Theology books. Weird combination but they all live together on one shelf. Twilight does indeed hang out with Nietzsche.
7) I was never a girl who had a lot of female friends, always boys. Up until now i never fit in with girls but muslim girls I seem to get along with quite well. Or religious, intellectual women in general.

Ok I challenge Sarah (Wrestling with Religion), Liz, Ellen (Steadily Emerging with Grace), Banana Anne, Achelois, Susanne, and Cairo Lusaka Amsterdam

8 comments:

  1. You know, I always hung out with boys too. I have the same experience that Muslim women are much easier to get along with than other women in general. I guess they don't seem as competitive with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was interesting! I found out a lot about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you read star wars novels and comics, or are you soley a movie person? My current goal is to own every official star wars novel ever written. I have almost all the adult books, but am undecided as to whether or not to collect the ones geared at kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, re: YA lit, have you read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire (and by extension, the Gregor the Overlander series by the same author)? Best YA books I've read in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rahma: Im only into the original 3 movies. I have not read either but I've heard of them. I hear good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed these. It's always great learning more about someone this way. I did this not very long ago. So glad to see you participating as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You geek, you :D

    You are so sweet. This is a wonderful list. I'll do the tag soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do look into the Star Wars novels. I loathed the prequels, but after reading the novels that were written around them where the characters were much better developed, I'm even considering watching them again.

    ReplyDelete